Clayton and Geraldine VanTassel moved to St. Andrews from Digby, NS in 1957. Clayton was the Golf Pro at the Algonquin Golf Course from 1957 to 1985. In 1981 he purchased the parcel of land that now is the home of the St. Stephen Golf Course. The golf course opened in 1982 with 6 holes. It was completed with 18 holes in 1998. In 2001 the VanTassels opened the St. George Golf Club with 9 holes today they have progressed to a 15 hole course soon to be 18.
St Stephen Golf Club
118 Old Bay Road